Video marketing has become extremely popular for marketers in 2020. Not only do consumers prefer videos over reading blog posts, but videos also yield a higher conversion rate. Adding a video on a landing page can increase your conversion rate by 80%! With technology becoming increasingly popular amongst companies, video marketing will take on a larger part in a digital marketing strategy, so here are some tips on how to use video marketing in 2020.
What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is using a video to promote your brand, product, or service. Videos add to the variety of a company’s educational pieces. For marketers, it is necessary to mix up the content type that you serve to your audiences. Not every consumer will react positively to a blog or written piece.
Different types of videos that marketing companies can use include:
- Promotional videos
- Product demonstrations
- About the company videos
- Press releases
Whether the message is to showcase a new product or build a company brand, videos are extremely useful to businesses for reaching and engaging a target audience. Overall, 72% of businesses say videos help increase their conversion rate.
Video content also helps bring in relevant traffic to your website. Increasing your awareness is great, but if it is not relevant traffic with the potential to turn into customers, your content isn’t working to help your business.
5 Tips to Using Video Marketing for Your Brand
- Get to the point, quickly: Viewers, on average, have an attention span of less than 15 seconds. When analyzing your videos, keep an eye on the bounce rate. This will indicate whether or not you are captivating your audience enough for them to stick around.
- Share! Share! Share: Use your website and social media to share and repost videos. Make sure you are using proper hashtags to reach the right audience. Social media is a great way to get your content out to potential customers.
- Repurpose Your Video into a Blog: You want your content to build equity over time. By transcribing your video and embedding the video in a blog, you not only make that content more accessible, but you add SEO to your site. SEO is what helps your website get noticed by search engines, so make sure you include relevant phrases that your target audience is going to be searching for.
- Plan ahead: Don’t just “wing it” when making your video. This can cause inconsistencies of the messaging in your video. Take the time to prepare not only the script but the overall message and purpose of the content. This will increase your chances that viewers will stick around.
- Make sure your webpage and video are mobile-friendly: With 90% of consumers watching videos on their mobile devices, it is crucial to make sure the content is mobile friendly. For example, place your video at the top of the page. This allows them to get the content quickly without having to scroll through the text.
This year, you will find marketers using videos more and more. Videos provide businesses a different, accessible and appealing avenue of communication with customers. Remember, incorporating video marketing into your digital strategy will increase the variety of communications and drive engagement with potential customers. So how is your company going to utilize video marketing in 2020?