How to be comfortable and succeed working from home in today's climate.
Working from home has become the new norm for many people. Some find themselves more productive in the comfort of their own homes, others not so much. Employees that work from home tend to work on average 1.4 more days, than those who work in-office. Regardless, during this time it is crucial to be able to maintain your productivity while you are no longer in the office. Here are five tips to help you excel while working from home.
- Utilize a Video Conferencing Platform: Having a reliable video conferencing platform can help you better collaborate with colleagues. It allows your team to seamlessly work together. Some platforms include: zoom, GoTo Meeting, Microsoft Teams, and others. Make sure your work from home schedule is consistent with the one at work. This way, everyone is on the same page. For example, if your company normally has status meetings on Tuesdays at 9:00 am, stick to that day and time!
- Find a way to easily communicate with your co-workers: It is important to make sure your co-workers & supervisors can reach you. While sending emails may work, it is not ideal for quick questions. Platforms like Slack, Google Hangouts, & Facebook Workplace allow you to be in constant contact with your teams should any questions arise. They also ensure a faster turnaround time (as long as the person is also online!).
- Keep a designated workspace: While this may seem like an obvious tip, it is a crucial one! Keeping your brain engaged is important. If you do your work while in bed, your body may get confused about what it is supposed to be doing. Increase your alertness and productivity by having a designated work area.
- Transfer your server files to ensure you have all necessary materials: Since you are not working in the office, you may not have the same access to important files. Make sure you back up these files while you are at home. If you cannot complete a task because you don’t have access to a certain file, it can hurt your overall bottom line. A couple of good platforms to transfer files to for home use are: Dropbox or Box.
- Get up and get dressed!: Even though it may be tempting to stay in your PJs, don’t! Getting up and getting dressed can help you start your day on the right foot.
While working from home can be a challenge, it doesn’t mean that your productivity should waver. Hold yourself accountable each day to complete your tasks on time. Being productive and maintaining your usual schedule can help give you some sense of normalcy during these uncertain times.
About Snyder Group
Snyder Group is an integrated digital marketing, advertising, and web development agency located in Norwalk, CT. Even in these difficult times, Snyder Group is committed to maintaining our processes while working from home. We are designed to work remotely so we can continue to serve your business. To learn more, we invite you to contact us today.